Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Great White Rooster


"The Great White Rooster"

This is a two ft. by four ft. hand quilted throw rug made out of my boys old blue jeans and fabric remnants from the charm quilt I'm currently working on. My husband asked for something to place next to his cot in Afghanistan so that he wouldn't have to wake up to the feel of gritty sand on his feet when he gets up every morning. This quilt marked a couple of firsts for me as I've never made a quilt that was meant to be walked on nor have I worked with blue jean material before. Quilting with perle cotton was also a new experience and I found that I quite liked the look of the stitches when I was done. It will be interesting to see what this poor thing looks like after a year in Afghanistan.

No comments:

Post a Comment