Thursday, April 28, 2011

Looks like the Rooster quilt was a hit with the guys in Afghanistan. Big Chief wrote this morning to say that one of his soldiers is interested in having a crib, a toddler and a lap quilt made as gifts for his family here in the states. Do I have to say how I excited I was to hear this? Happy dance! :) Then, just a bit later he tells me that one of the lieutenants in his shop was drawing up a pattern for his own custom quilt that he would like me to make for him!

So now I feel a bit overwhelmed. First, I have never sold one of my quilts...ever. It's not that I don't think they would sell, it's that I don't know what price to put on them. I don't want to charge too much, but at the same time I can't see parting with something that is so much a part of me for a pittance. It's really odd because normally when I make a quilt, I just give it as a gift and the happy thank you I get in return is better than any amount of money. Maybe it's because I know that if I sell a quilt it will be critiqued more closely than one I would give as a gift and I'm afraid of having my feelings hurt. I wonder if anyone else has problems putting a pricetag on their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment