Sunday, May 1, 2011

Super Scrappy Quilted Curtains

The old scrap basket, okay I'll be honest, baskets, were overflowing so I got creative. Two hours of sorting later, I had two piles (mountains) separated on the cutting table.
Feeling a hint of spring in the air, I decided to use the lighter colors to make window curtains for the sewing room. I lost some of my motivation after 8 straight hours of piecing these little bits and pieces, so decided to scrap the curtain idea and went with valances instead.
Still tedious, but worth the effort. They really brighten up the sunroom and I'm thinking that some white muslin panels appliqued with matching flowers will complete the sets. Valances first though...  Six more windows to go!

Stop by Sugar Tree Stitching Handmade for weekly updates, recipes and free patterns!

No comments:

Post a Comment